Before writing in details about remote control cars, here is an introduction. Then you can see top 10 best rc cars selected by experts. So let see the intro here:
Whether you are Nine or Ninety, we are sure that you love cars and tinkering with them. Not only you, but there is also a secret car lover in everyone’s instinct. But it’s not quite practical if you think about ‘Playing’ with a real car, is it?
In this remote control car review, we are introducing the top of the remote controlled cars of several types. These are not just random picks, but the result of our month-long research and analytics. In addition, we have provided a quick buying guideline. It can help you determine what exactly you need, and that knowledge will help you choosing one from our top 10 picks.
Let’s keep reading!
Things to Consider Before Buying Remote Control Cars
In this section, we will give you a hand to help you determining what exactly you want regarding a remote control car. To find the top remote control car as your desire, help yourself with the answers of these to questions-
- How is the place on which you are going to drive your car?
- What’s the experience level of the person for whom the car is being purchased?
These two answers will sort out the cars you should be looking into help you choose the best one from the short list. If you have the answers in mind already, here are the other factors that you need to consider while buying a good remote control car.
On Road Cars Vs. Off Raod Cars
Based on the surface and place the car is being driven on, RC cars are divided into two types- on road and off road.
If you are going to use your car on smooth surfaces like carpet, asphalt or paved roads, you are in need of an on-road RC car. These type of cars are designed to have low ground-clearance, and they are not fit to drive on uneven surfaces. They come with good driving speed and realistic design. Such cars are also of a lower cost.
If you are thinking of a car for outdoor uses, you should look upon the off-road car type. They have more ground clearance and taller system of suspension. As they have to go through uneven and harsh surfaces, their suspension system is designed in such a way. There is the major change in the tire and gripping system as well. Some examples of off –rad cars are Monster Trucks Short course trucks, rock crawlers, etc.
Speed Controllers and Motor Power-age
In today’s RC cars, motors are the heart of performance and thereby, can ensure blistering performance and speed. Basic types of the motor for RC cars are of two types- Brushless motors and brushed motors.
Brushless motors are the newer version of RC motors. They are fast, easy-to-control and more efficient than brushed motors. However, with the quality, there will be a little bit increment of the price with such motors.
Brushed motors, on the other hand, are comparatively cheaper and less powerful. They offer a variety of power and are cheaper in most of the cases. So if you are limited to a tight budget, we would suggest you to go find the best remote control cars of the brushed motor inside.
Battery and Battery Chargers
As you know, the battery is the powerhouse of any electric devices and so does for an RC car. For remote controlled cars, batteries are required from both the car and radio transmitter controller. For the transmitter, usually, there are AA or AAA batteries. And for the car itself, the most common battery is a 7.2 Volt NiMh battery. Although the type of battery is almost same for most of the cars, the power-age change on purpose.
The battery capacities range from 24000 mAh to 2500 mAh. The larger the battery capacity is, the more driving time you can get. But not you can use a battery of any capacity in any RC car. Before changing the battery, go through the user manual and check whether your car supports the type of battery you want to use in it.
Best Remote Control Cars Comparison Table
|Product Name||Dimension (Inches)||Weight (Pounds)||Interested?|
|Best Choice Products 1/14 Scale RC Lamborghini Veneno Gravity Sensor||14.2 x 5.7 x 3.1||3.9|
|Radio RC 1/14 Bugatti Veyron||18 x 9 x 9||2.5|
|Redcat Racing EPX Drift Car||14.2 x 8 x 4.5||6|
|HOSIM All-Terrain RC Car||12.6 x 10.2 x 5.5||4.1|
|LaTrax Rally: 1/18 Scale Rally Car|
[Editors 1st Choice]
|12.4 x 8.4 x 7.2||3.5|
|Maisto R/C Rock Crawler Radio Control Vehicle||12.5 x 7 x 8||2.9|
|SZJJX RC Cars Rock Off-Road Vehicle||8.7 x 3 x 5.5||1.7|
|Traxxas Rustler XL-5||17.5 x 13 x 7.5||7|
|Babrit Newer RC Car||6.3 x 10.4 x 4.8||1.8|
|Traxxas 37054-1 Rustler||17.5 x 12.2 x 7||4.1|
Best RC Cars Reviews and Buying Guide 2018
Here are top 10 remote control cars reviews you can read. These 10 RC cars selected by editors of Staple Search. So you can rely on these products. Just read our reviews on these products so you can understand which one is suited for you. Hope these reviews can help you to make your decision final.
If a kid has any dream owning a Lamborghini in future, the Best Choice RC Lamborghini Veneno Gravity Sensor remote control car is something he’ll like the most. For some reasons like the coolest ever Lamborghini like design, smart 1:14 ratio remote control, light in weight, etc, it has made its position on the top of our remote control car review.
- The most important Wow! Factor about the car is the breathtaking design. It’s rich in features and design and contains everything you expect from a mini Lamborghini. Each detailing are done such a way that you can’t stop appreciating it while it’s on the run.
- This is recognized as the best remote controlled car because of it’s cool realistic door opening feature. Pressing the door button on RC unit opens the doors of the car. Also, it’s opening is allowed for two ways.
- Best Choice RC Lamborghini Veneno is loved mostly by the younger because it’s smooth remote control. With a little practice, kids of any age can do some wicked drifts on the floor with it.
- The remote is smartly designed like the joystick. They call it a Gravity Sensor remote control. Therefore, the car can be controlled sensitively from any position of the controller.
- Five AA rechargeable batteries for the car and four AAA batteries are for the controller. It takes about four hours to charge the car.
- It is also equipped with spring suspension system and an adjustable front wheel alignment feature.
- Coolest Lamborghini miniature RC car ever made!
- Excellent detailing in the exterior body part.
- Not so fast nor slow.
- Easy-to-control for young kids of 6+ years old.
- Runs on five AA rechargeable batteries.
- Extended battery life.
- RC cars for flat floor driving.
- Over-sensitive remote control.
- A little bit low to the ground.
Comparing the designs, features and price-quality ratio, it’s one of the best available deals of RC cars in the market. You may want to buy it for children, but we insist, you can’t control having the fun, even as an adult.
#02 Radio Remote Control 1/14 Bugatti Veyron Review
If you are looking for an RC car without no hassle of setup or assembling, we have got the right car for you. The Radio Remote Control 1/14 Bugatti Veyron RC car is in our 2nd position because of it’s most loved Ready to Run feature. Along with that, it’s well-designed interior-exterior, and smooth radio control will definitely draw your attention.
- It comes up with almost real-time driving experience. As an example, the backlights turn on as the car goes backward. Thus it gives a much realistic driving and racing experience to the user.
- A 1/14 scale ratio controlling system provides full control to the hands of the user. Turning forward, backward, left and right had never been easier than Radio Remote Control 1/14 Bugatti Veyron RC motor car.
- A wide remote control of 30 feet allows smooth control from a long distance. So, it can be a great RC car for outdoor uses too.
- This RC car is ready to run with completely factory assembly. All you have to do is just plug and play. Thus it becomes very easy to handle for even a 4 years old kid.
- Detailed exterior design that resembles Bugatti Veyron. In interior design, the detailed rims, tires and other parts are well furnished.
- 9v battery of the controller.
- Full function radio controlled car.
- Quiet and fast.
- Easy to control for youngers.
- A good RC range.
- Mirrors come of with ease.
- Doesn’t run smoothly on rough surfaces.
Despite having some issues on controlling the car or harsh surfaces, we were confident to keep it on one of our dominating remote control car review. If you are looking for an instant pleasure for your baby boy or girl, you should give it a try.
#03 Redcat Racing EPX Drift Car Review
Who doesn’t desire to have a remote control smart car that provides endless hours of entertainment? The Redcat Racing EPX Drift Car is such a wonderful piece of creation in the budget. This remote control car is uniquely known for the smart drifting capability. On that sense, it’s not only for kids but also a handy toy for adults as well.
- The Redcat Racing EPX Drift RC car is powered by electric brushed 27T 540 motors which are recognized as one of the most powerful ones. With this motor inside, it can move around on several terrains with ease.
- The drifting option of this car is so flawless that it can easily avoid pile-ups. With the remote control of its movement in your hands, you can almost get to the real-life driving experience.
- The materialistic strength of this product is associated with lightweight metal. Along with this, a smart dimension and string wheelbase are the best structural combination in market.
- A 2.4 GHz radio controlling system comes up with Redcat Racing EPX Drift Car. It not only an extra range of radio controlling but also provides a better reflex action.
- Good efficiency regarding battery consumption.
- Smart drifting capability.
- Strong and rigid Aluminum body.
- God range of remote control.
- This car provides a little bit less traction.
- Difficult to handle at lower top speed.
It’s obvious that the Redcat Racing EPX Drift Car has some shortcoming s with the speed and handling. But considering the other benefits it offers, we think it definitely worth giving a try for your kid. As per we are concerned, Hope it won’t disappoint you.
#04 HOSIM All-Terrain RC Car s911 Review
Two of our top rated RC cars have been for smooth-surface uses only. But now in number 3, we have got a monster truck that is a specialist in case of rough surface controlling. Thanks to HOSIM All-Terrain RC Car S911. Let’s have a closer look on its features and benefits.
- First of all, the S-truck suspension system is the most impressive feature of this product. It serves the user with extreme control and handling. Also, because of this excellent suspension system, it’s a great fit for harsh surfaces.
- The very powerful 2.4 GHz Electric Bushed 390 motor are fitted inside this monster truck. With a motor of this power, it provides one of the smoothest controlling on even rough surfaces.
- A hobby grade RC truck is basically what the product is. Being equipped with compound remote control off-road thread, it has become a popular gadget for RC truck enthusiasts.
- The tires of HOSIM All Terrain RC Car S911 are coated with solid PVC rubber. As a result, the tires are shock and shake proof, elastic and antiskid.
- Powerful 2.4 GHz GP Bush 390 motor.
- Great suspension technology.
- A 100-meter distant control.
- Waterproof level and all-weather-friendly.
- Attractive price-quality ratio.
- Excessively fast.
- 2 wheels drive only.
- Off road traction.
If we are not wrong, you are looking for a monster car to drive in l terrain. If so, we would recommend going grab the HOSIM All-Terrain RC Car S911 without any second thought. More or less, you will be fully content with both design and performance of this RC car.
#05 LaTrax Rally: 1/18 Scale Rally Car Review
Awesome artworks are always appreciated on any gadgets or handy stuff. Latrax understands that very well and therefore, manufactured a full functioning RC car named LaTrax Rally: 1/18 Scale Rally Car. Out of the box, LaTrax Rally: 1/18 Scale Rally Car is an awesome piece of work to drive with remote controls in your hand.
- LaTrax Rally: 1/18 Scale Rally Car is powered by a 5 cell 6V battery. With the awesome power-age, it can turn up to a 16 kilometers/hour speed. With a larger 6 cell battery, the speed can be up to 21 kilometers/hour.
- An awesome look and smart design turn into the exact miniature of real-life racing cars. Whoever you are purchasing this RC car for, will be stunned with just a look at the car.
- Two lock pins are provided along with the top of the car. You can remove the top portion of the car quickly and clean the inside or replace the battery.
- Every electronics and mechatronics are fitted inside with a neat and smart way. Adding to this, the entire body is water resistant. So, driving on wet surfaces won’t harm the car at all.
- A four wheel driveway.
- 370 brushed motor provides quite decent speed.
- The battery compartment is secure to hold upto 6 cell battery.
- Gears are made of mot metal and plastic.
- Trigger-designed controller with throttle control.
- Steering alignment of the car is adjustable.
- Not a great shock-absorber.
- Needs improvement with the bearing enhancement.
For people who love compact styling in a mid range car toy, this can be one of the good remote control cars of the market. The LaTrax Rally: 1/18 Scale Rally Car might just have everything a design lover may want.
Toy grade manufacturers have been trying for several years to produce an RC car like the Maisto R/C Rock Crawler Radio Control Vehicle. Being the 6th high-quality remote control car of our list, we are proud to present the ‘Rock Crawler’ in front of you for your consideration.
- A tri-channel transmitter controls the radio communication. Thus it provides a great control over every single movement of the car.
- The tires are large and contains an aggressive tread pattern. As a result, it can ride on rough roads and even slopes with ease.
- The car weight is only 2.9 pounds. Also, it’s of a tiny dimension. So driving this car on tiny roads or channels is made easy.
- TPE tires of the car come with ultra grip on the ground. Altogether, it’s a great kit for rugged off-road action.
- 6AA batteries for the car itself and 2 AAA batteries for the remote control are provided. Together, they serve the user with a good driving experience.
- A four-wheeled driving toy.
- Swift and smooth suspension system.
- String suspension mechanism for shock absorption.
- Large tire sizes for driving on rough surfaces.
- Over the throttle, the remote control is not smooth.
The Maisto R/C Rock Crawler Radio Control Vehicle maybe look short on features but trust us, and it’s big on performance. It can successfully tackle all the terrains that most of the toy grade remote control cars can perfectly navigate.
#07 SZJJX RC Cars Rock Off-Road Vehicle Crawler Review
Kids nowadays love to have an aggressive monster look in their favorite RC car. So far we are concerned; the mighty SZJJX RC Cars Rock Off-Road Vehicle Crawler can serve the purpose completely. The simulated design, PVC rubber wheel, and strong 1/18 remote control is everything you can desire in a perfect remote control car.
- Impressively, the motor of the device is of high HP and adopts the Bi-motor technology. Thus it can provide a speed of 25 kilometers/hour on flat surfaces.
- Four large grippable wheels are supporting the car, and each of them has their individual suspension system. Therefore, this car is an extreme shock-absorbent.
- The body of the car is made of strong and durable materials. Also, the joints of the car are tightened with dozens of screws. Altogether, the entire body is strong and firm enough to make the car crashworthiness and ruggedness.
- The car is entirely waterproof. So there will be no hassle driving the car in puddles. Even, high-speed water spray can’t harm the functionality of it.
- 2.4 GHz wireless remote control.
- Powered by 3.5V 500mah battery inside.
- Lasts for more than 6-8 hours per recharge.
- Switching between right-left/front-back is smooth enough.
- Dedicated to climb surfaces of decent slope.
- Battery needs to be charged with USB port.
- Cover material isn’t of strong material.
As the final words, we don’t want to put any doubt on it’s functionality as a rough surface rider. But it has got some negative reviews with the cover materials. Apart form that, most of it’s happy customers have recommended that as a great tool of joy.
#08 Traxxas Rustler XL-5 Review
Not all of the models of our toy grade high-quality remote control car list isn’t satisfied with all sort of features. The reasons for choosing each of them are sometimes different. Accordingly, the reason to choose Traxxas Rustler XL-5 RC car is- its opportunity to change and upgrade body parts with ease. Let’s have a closer look on the summarized feature of Traxxas Rustler XL-5:
- First of all, what pleased us about the Traxxas Rustler XL-5 is, it’s wide range of accessories and upgrades opportunities.
- To take the driving experience to next level, the tires of this car are made of Revo Spec torque-controlled clutch. With this, the tires can grip on the surface easily.
- A good speed of 25 kilometers per hour is the highest possible it can get. Thus, it’s one of the highest speed of RC cards of this price range.
- The 2.4GHZ transmitter prevents any sort of interference into the signal. Thus, the controller doesn’t have to get disturbed by miscommunication at all!
- A lot of possible upgrades.
- Affordable price.
- Completely waterproof.
- Replacements are easy to find.
- Easy to customize.
- Easy to repair.
- The design of the car is not catchy.
- Camber and toe angle is not perfectly aligned.
- Battery charge is average.
In the bottom line, there’s not much to think about Traxxas Rustler XL-5 is you are a speed lover. A number of handy accessories have increased it’s appeal by many times. But as a tips for you, don’t think about getting this toy car for a kid of less than 8 yeas old. Children under this age may find it hard to control all the accessories and parts.
#09 Babrit Newer RC Car Review
What do you look for most while thinking of an RC car of your own? If the answer is YES, then Babrit Newer RC CAR is there as your greatest remote control car. Fast speed, low battery consumption, fast charging and being waterproof are the features of Babrit Newer RC CAR that convinced us to keep it in our RC car list.
- You can drive it towards anywhere and any direction.
- Radio frequency of 2.4 GHz and a wide controlling range gifts a great user experience. The controller has control for up to 25m of range.
- The Babrit Newer RC CAR is equipped with S-struck suspension system. It enables smooth and superior handling towards any direction.
- The tires are made of natural rubber tires. Adding on that, the tires are elastic and contain anti-slip agents. Altogether, the tires of the Babrit Newer RC CAR are simply best in the list.
- High speed but easy to access.
- Easily control within 25m distance.
- Fits fine for any surface type.
- Hi-Q rubber wheels for traveling on any surfaces.
- Charging time is quite a long.
- No spare battery included.
Although there is almost noting to complain about this product, still we want you to take a deep look at this product. For both speedy ride and riding on harsh surfaces, it can always be a good deal to grab.
#10 Traxxas 37054-1 Rustler Stadium Truck Review
Now we are almost at the bottom of our good remote control car review. Last in the list, it’s traxxas 37054-1 rustler stadium truck is a well designed and equipped RC racing car. Although, it’s communication module is rated as 1/10, it’s one of the best sellers in the 1/10 RC car category. Being a little bit pricey. Still, this toy grade car deserves to be tried at least once!
- For smooth racing on even rough surfaces, the traxxas 37054-1 rustler stadium truck is powered with advanced revo-spec torque controlling slipper clutch. Thus, riding grasses or even muds aren’t problems anymore.
- The waterproof and highly performable XL-5 speed controlling module are another attractive feature. It directly hands over it’s entire movement onto the hands of the owner.
- A very powerful 7 cell NiMH battery of 3000mAh power are in charge of the powering section. It’s one of the most efficient batteries for such kind of remote cars.
- It’s entirely waterproof and therefore, an all-weather remote control toy grade car.
- Innovative in design.
- Quick assembly time.
- Great fit for even kids of 5+ years old.
- Insane radio controlling range with zero interference.
- String and legit front and back stock.
- Front axel is break prone.
- Not a good fit for the bay area.
- Provided batteries are not long lasting.
To be frank, there’s not too much to focus on about traxxas 37054-1 rustler stadium truck RC car. But it has good a little bit from every good feature of a toy grade RC car. Backing it up, we won’t discourage you to give it a try if you are looking for a top rated remote control car for short term uses.
Final Verdict on Best RC Cars
From our high-quality remote control cars reviews, no matter which product you have in your mind. We would suggest it to look at your personal preferences. Tailoring out the exact requirements and deciding the budget would help you to find the best fit for you. We would recommend you to go through the buying guideline section once again if you are still in confusion about the expecting factors of top remote control cars. Afterward, with the right selection of high-quality RC cars, you can take your experience to next level with immense joy and refreshment.