A well maintained, green lawn symbolizes royalty.We try our level best- research online and offline, spend time, energy, resources to achieve this green lux. Fortunately, we are blessed with the sprinkler irrigation systems. This combats our time expenditure to some great extent. Installing an irrigation system is not enough though. Gardening is an art which requires focused approach. The results appear gradually and with our utmost care and attention. With all the hunts going on around, we are here to help you with the lawn basics and frequently asked questions. The information below has been created carefully pertaining most of the gardening scenarios one deals with. Read on for more.
How often should you water your lawn?
Ans- Watering the lawn in the right quantity at right timing is very important. Reports say that a lawn needs about 1-1 ½ inch of water in a week. It is further suggested to water about an inch two times a week rather watering lightly daily. The turf must absorb water deeply to grow the roots deeper and stronger. This helps roots to stay stronger to help survival in a tough drought-like condition. The best time for watering the lawn that allows maximum water absorption is considered to be between 4am-10 am and between 4pm-6pm. Also, the garden must not be overwatered as it would just result in a water run-off. The rule states “if you can push a 6’inch screwdriver easily into the turf, you are watering enough”. Remember watering deeply rather daily.
What is a fire sprinkler system and how does it work?
Ans- A fire sprinkler system is designed in lieu to prevent in-house fire damage. The sprinkler head is located on the ceiling and gets activated basis heat. The trigger temperature is between 155-degree – 165-degree F. When there is a fire, the hot air will rise up and this will automatically trigger the sprinkler head on the ceiling. Once activated, it will start sprinkling the water. Setting up fire sprinkler system has been beneficial for more than two centuries now. These are well complemented by the fire alarms. While the fire alarms would alert everybody about the fire, fire sprinklers would shower the water over the area to prevent the fire from spreading.
How do fire sprinklers go off?Do fire sprinklers go off all at once?
Ans- Fire sprinklers go off all at once is the myth you have been listening to. Fire sprinkler would start only on reaching the triggering temperature of the range of 155-degree and 165-degree F. Only the sprinkler(s) which is/are nearest to the fire would be able to get activated and sprinkle water. For example, a fire in room 202 in a hotel would activate the sprinkler set up in 202 or other nearest one. This will not activate other sprinklers in the hotel. Usually, only one-two sprinklers are enough to settle the fire breakout at once.
How does an irrigation or lawn sprinkler work?
Ans- Irrigation sprinklers are designed to water the field, garden, lawns in the same manner as rains. The sprinkler has sprinkler heads/ holes to spray out the water like the rain showers. When attached to the water hose, it sprinklers out the water in a particular manner depending on the type of sprinkler being used. There are five major categories of lawn sprinklers namely-fixed sprinklers, oscillating sprinklers, rotating sprinklers, portable sprinklers and impact sprinklers. Watering the large areas requires number of water sprinklers.
How many types of sprinkler systems are there?
Ans- There are majorly five types of lawn sprinkler systems-
- Stationary sprinkler system– These are fixed sprinklers with sprinkler heads over the top. The water sprinkler through the heads inconsistently. Suitable for cover small areas. It requires a consistent check to prevent overwatering at one place and for moving the sprinkler to another point once done.
- Impulse (Impact) sprinkler system– This sprinkler has one sprinkler arm which has sprinkler head at the end. The water stream is flown out powerfully covering circular as well as semi-circular motions. It is suitable for large lawns. Watering delicate flowers, shrubs must be avoided since strong water flow can damage the same.
- Rotary sprinkler system– These are best suited for large and open areas. The sprinkler has multiple sprinkler arms each with sprinkler head at ends. The arms rotate in circular motions to evenly distribute the water around.
- Oscillating sprinkler system– This system has a base and an arched sprayer bar with multiple holes. The spraying arm moves back and forth which makes a fan shape pattern of water showers. It is apt for medium and large size lawns.
- Travelling sprinkler system– This system is designed especially for irregularly shaped gardens. The small sprinkler with two arms and wheels to travel along with a hose throughout the garden. The two arms rotate in the circular motion to water around. You can lay out the hose per your watering requirement.
How many sprinkler heads can be used on one zone?
Ans- This one is about calculations and measurements. Things/information required beforehand will be- The sprinkler’s GPM (gallons per minute) rate as written on manufacturer’s package, one measurable container (like a 10-gallon tub), a pressure gauge, and a stopwatch. Steps are mentioned below-
Step 1- Measure the PSI– PSI (Pounds per square inch) is the term in which water pressure is measured. The pressure gauge would show the PSI when attached to the nearest running faucet to the water meter. Early mornings are the preferred time for measuring PSI.
Step-2 – Measure home’s water flow-Here is the most favored mathematical formula for it- “Gallons (of the container) / Time (in seconds) * 60 (to get the result in minutes) = GPM (gallons per minute)”. Place the container (10-gallon tub) under the faucet and turn the faucet on. Measure the time taken to fill the container fully using your stopwatch. Here it would be 10 (tub size in gallons)/ time taken *60 (seconds in a minute) = GPM.
Step 3- Calculate the number of sprinkler heads required- For this, divide the GPM figure we got in Step 2 by the sprinkler’s GPM. Round the figure if the answer is in points. This is the number of sprinkler heads you require in one zone. If the number is even, use one sprinkler less than the resulting figure in this step.
P.S- Step 1 and 2 require that there is no water leaking spot or no faucet whether inside or outside house should remain open during the test. This could impact our test result.
What is an oscillating sprinkler?
Ans- An oscillating sprinkler consists a strong base. Over the base, there is an arched spray bar with holes. The spray arm moves back and forth and forms fan like water spray pattern. The spraying patterns are absolutely adjustable as per the requirements of lawn watering. These are suitable for covering the large areas and to water flower beds, newly seeded lawn and shrubs too.
How long should you water your lawn with an oscillating sprinkler?
Ans- The length and repetition of watering cycle in a lawn is dependent on the factors like size and shape of lawn, water pressure, weather etc. However, on an average, a lawn requires somewhat between 1-2 inches of water per week. Thus, if your sprinkler can water lawn up to an inch in one hour then you should water the lawn for an hour one time in a week.You may also consider watering twice with the total of 1.5-inch water. Test to know how much water is sprinkled by the sprinkler device- put empty tuna cans within the reach of sprinkler water. At different distancesMeasure, the water filled in the can every 15 minutes to estimate the time required for achieving an inch of water.
How to calculate time and quantity of water required to water the lawn?
Ans. There is a simple mathematical way calculate the time required for watering lawn apart from the can test. Information needed beforehand would be- the GPM (gallons per minute) rate of your sprinkler, your garden area to be watered in square feet. GPM rate is usually mentioned in the description on the package by the manufacturer.
- Calculation of water quantity required– Multiply the garden area in sq. ft. by 0.62 gallons to know the amount of water required. For example, if you have the garden area of 5000 sq. ft. then 5000*0.62= 3100 Gallons would be required to water your lawn.
- Estimation of time for an inch of water– Simply divide the resulting figure of point (i). above with the GPM rate of your sprinkler to know how many minutes would be required by the sprinkler to water whole lawn.
What is the best type of water sprinkler?
Ans- Practically, there is a type of sprinkler designed to suit the different lawn watering needs. The selection of sprinkler depends on the shape and size of lawns, water pressure required and such other factors. Below are the best uses of different types of sprinklers-
|S.No.||Sprinkler type||Size of lawn||Water pressure|
|4||Oscillating sprinkler||Medium, large, newly seeded lawns||Normal|
|5||Travelling sprinkler||Irregular shape lawn||Normal|
Why does my sprinkler head not turn?
Ans- Sprinkler heads rotate through the mechanism of gears inside. If you find your sprinkler head is not rotating, there might be chances that gears are stuck by the dust or dirt particles inside. This can happen as the sprinkler ages, or due to the poor water quality that makes the tiny dirt articles flow directly into the sprinkler system along with the water. Excessive water pressure may also be one reason to it causing gears to not filer out the dirt properly.
How to fix the non-rotating sprinkler head?
Ans- It is best to open the sprinkler head and clean the filter if it is not getting turned. Clear all the dirt, dust particles from inside. Now put the filter back into the sprinkler. You may find the procedure to open the sprinkler and steps for cleaning out the filer in manufacturer’s guide received along with the sprinkler. You may call a certified contractor or executive from the sprinkler company to check what is wrong with the equipment if it still does not work.
How do I set my Gilmour oscillating sprinkler?
Ans- Gilmour oscillating sprinklers are also known as rectangular pattern sprinklers. The sprinkler is easy to adjust in these simple steps-
1- Adjusting the width- The master rectangular pattern sprinkler is able to water the large lawns. However, the width can be adjusted to limit the spray even up to 8 feet wide area as well. Just pinch and slide the arrow-shaped tabs at the ends of sprayer head to adjust the width. For narrower coverage slide the tabs towards the center. For wider coverage slide the tabs towards ends.
2- Adjusting the length- This restricts how far the water shall be sprayed by the sprinkler. The diallers on each side of the sprinkler have plus and minus sign. The plus sign would let the water spray far at a distance while turning the dialler toa minus sign on one side would stop the spray from that side. This is fairly designed to suit the different watering needs.
3- Connecting water hose- The sprinkler has a rotatable nut specially designed for snug fitting the garden hose. This helps in connecting the hose to the equipment easily.
4- Set the timer- Now this one is a money and water saving feature. Just turn on the water and set the timer. This will turn off the watering process automatically as per the timer even if you forget to turn it off yourself. Time, water, money as well as lawn saving technique, isn’t it?
How do you adjust Rainbird 1800 sprinkler heads?
Ans- Rainbird 1800 sprinkler is one of the advanced pop-up rotor sprinklers. They are easy to install and adjustable to ensure effective working. The sprinkler head is easy to adjust through these steps-
– Adjusting spray direction- The watering direction can be adjusted by rotating the stem of the sprinkler head. Simply rotate the stem in the required direction.
– Adjusting spray distance- There is a screw at the center of Rainbird 1800 sprinkler head. Rotating the screw will let you adjust the spray distance as required. Rotate clockwise for lowering the distance and vice versa. The screw can be rotated with the help of a flat screwdriver also.
– Adjusting spray pattern- This is possible with specific models only. Spray pattern can be adjusted by twisting the threaded collar of the sprinkler head. It can be twisted right or left as required.
How do you adjust a Rainbird 3500 sprinkler head?
Ans- The Rainbird 3500 sprinkler is best suited for small to medium size lawns. The adjustment in sprinkler head can be made to set the watering direction, spray distance as well as spray pattern. Have a look at the steps below-
– Radius setting- This controls the spray distance. Rotate the radius adjustment slot with a flat blade screwdriver to make the changes. For distant showers, screw anti-clockwise while for narrow distance coverage of water, rotate clockwise.
– Arc setting- This controls the width of the arc of water spray. The arc adjustment screw can be identified easily with +, – (positive and negative) signs on sides. Rotate the screw towards the positive sign to increase the width of spray and vice versa.
– Direction adjustment- Rotate the sprinkler’s stem in the required direction for changing the direction of watering.
- How long does it take a sprinkler to water 1 inch?
Ans- There is a simple test to estimate the time your sprinkler takes to sprinkle about an inch of water. Place at least three empty tuna cans around the sprinkler. Placement should be like- nearest to the sprinkler, bit distant and third one at the end point of sprinkler water coverage area. Turn on the sprinkler and check the cans in about 15 minutes each. If the cans are filled up to ¼ inch in 30 minutes then you may estimate that an inch of water would require a good two hours of time. Try watering at same time and in the mornings till 10-10:30 am. Testing in later phase of the day would not get you the accurate results since much of the water gets evaporated during sprinkling process because of the heat that time.
What is the best time of day to water your lawn?
Ans- Early mornings are considered as the best time to water lawn. Since it might take hours to water a lawn. Much of the water gets evaporated if done in much heat of the day.The calm morning weather prevents evaporation of water through the watering process. Thus, lawn watering timing can be adjusted in between early morning up to 10 am or between 4 pm-6pm.
Can you water your lawn during the day?
Ans- The perfect lawn watering time is from early morning up to 10am. During the rest of day, there is much heat which results in water loss by water evaporation. The next preferable timing should be in between 4pm-6pm (late evening) at max.
Can you water your lawn during the night?
Ans- No. The pests, insects make their way to dwell in the plants after sunset. The watering lawn at night would make the grass vulnerable to the bacteria attack since the leaves, lawn do not get dry soon and stay wet for a longer time. There is an open invitation to many plant diseases when we water them during night. The chances of fungal growth alsorise if we water at night.
How often should you water a new lawn?
Ans- This is the most question people seek the answer for. The watering requirement is obviously dependent on the climatic condition of your area. Newly sod lawn is highly vulnerable and gets dry sooner than an established one. There are some standard guidelines which considering the normal weather conditions recommend-
- Watering shall be started in 15-30 minutes just after laying out the first layer of turf on the soil.
- Water approximately an inch of turf, twice a day for week 1 and 2. Early mornings and late afternoons is the best time for this.
- For week 3 and 4, water the lawn once a day on alternate days.
- For week 5 and 6, twice a week would be enough.
- From week 6 onwards, deep watering once a week is recommended.
- If the weather is highly windy or the heat is more than 37 degree C for about half the day, sprinkling lightly on the grass is suggested. This will keep the soil moist.
When can you put fertilizer on new grass?
Ans- There are three major nutrients the soil requires for growing healthy and green. The nutrients are nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium. Fertilizers do not actually have the required quantities of these nutrients as new sod requires higher amounts of these. Thus, using a starter fertilizer/ slow releaser or an organic fertilizer is suggested to spread along with the new seeds. This will help the seedlings to absorb the required amounts of nutrients to germinate well. You must avoid using weed killers on new lawn as they will kill the growth of seeds as well. Once seeded, your new lawn would require the lawn fertilizer (not starter fertilizer)about 4-8 weeks after the use of starter fertilizers or when your lawn grass reaches 1 ½ inches in height.
How often should you fertilize your lawn?
Ans- Fertilizers should be applied just before the peak growth time of the grass to see the effect of fertilizer to the fullest. Thus, the answer to above question varies with the type of grass in your lawn. Two types of grass are namely warm season grass and cool season grass.
o Warm season grass- It is best to fertilize warm-season grass either in late spring or early summers. Since warm season grass grows rapidly in the summers. The second cycle of fertilization should be done in late summers.
o Winter season grass- The turf here grows at the peak in the winter season. Suggested time to fertilize it just before the fall kicks in. Also, once a year is considered suffice in this case. The application should be completed before the grass changes colour with the arrival of winters.
Note- Checking with your local garden care center to know the exact months to fertilize as per your region is recommended.
Why does my grass have yellow streaks after fertilizing?
Ans- If you see yellow streaks soon after your fertilized the turf, there are good chances that grass has been over-fertilized. This is also known as fertilizer-burn. Fertilizers have a good amount of nutrients as well as some soluble salts. When over-fertilized, the salts get accumulated in excess and dry out the grass. This is when you may witness some yellow streaks right after the fertilization. There are other factors like type and amount of fertilizer so used, weather conditions and overall fitness of your turf grass that may hamper the regrowth of greenery. The yellow streaks can be most likely revived back to the green provided your immediate intervention. The turf must be watered well (till it cannot soak in more) on day one of noticing the streaks. This will help to flush out the excessive salts from the roots. After this, continue watering the turf on daily basis for about a week. You should be able to see the yellow streaks go green in few weeks. Make sure you water in the morning time.
How do I get my grass green fast?
Ans- A healthy lawn doesn’t happen overnight. It requires one’s endless efforts to be harvested with right care and gardening techniques. There are many ways to grow the lush green grass you have ever desired. For other matter read the tips here-
- Mowing rightly- Know the ideal cutting height of your lawn grass. Each grass type has its own cutting height. Mowing blades should be set to cut approximately 1/3rd of the grass height each time you mow. It is important for two reasons- cutting excessively would result in either slow growth or might completely stop the growth of grass. Whereas letting the grass grow longer than the ideal height would result in the inconsistent and unpleasant appearance of your lawn. Keeping the grass at about 2-3 inches in length in growing seasons is considered good enough. 3-3 ½ inches is the best deal in summers to keep the soil beneath cooler. Also, let the cut clippings stay at grass (unless there is a disease breakout in your lawn). This will naturally be fed as a compost to your lawn grass and can cut up to 30% of your fertilizer cost.
- Nitrogen-rich fertilizer- An ideal mix of slow release (30-50%) and quick release (50-70%) nitrogen fertilizer is the solution here. While slow release helps in the deeper green grass, quick release helps in faster growth. The application of this fertilizer shall be done for one or two times at max during the peak growing season of the grass. Avoid using quick release fertilizer alone or more than once as it can damage the grass completely. New sod must be first fertilized with starter fertilizer or slow releasers to absorb the right proportion of nutrients to grow with.
- Know the PH level of your soil- It is important to check the growing condition of your soil that whether the soil is too acidic or basic. There are multiple ways to do this. DIY soil test kits, Soil pH meters can be used for testing the pH level of your lawn soil. Another way is to collect three soil samples from different parts of your lawn and send them for testing in a local garden center. An ideal pH level is either neutral or between 6 to 7.2. For treating a higher pH level iron sulphate or sulphur can be used and for fixing a lower pH level, lime can be used.
- Water deeply- This is the most reliable practice you can follow to have a healthy green lawn in about few weeks. Water deeply means watering to the extent till the soil is moist about one inch each time. Your lawn requires about 1 ½ inch of water weekly. Hence, you may water deeply twice in a week preferably in early mornings. For newly seeded lawns, watering lightly and frequently is required up to 4 weeks.
- Weed out- This one is the most important thing to care about. Pull out the scattered weeds as and when you notice them. Allowing weeds to grow is equivalent to permitting your garden to die no matter how healthy your lawn is. Wear gloves and apply herbicide directly onto the weeds so it is absorbed through the leaves to the roots. Do not spray herbicide if it is going to rain orrain may wash off the herbicide and weed would survive.
- How do I fix dead spots in my lawn?
Ans- Dead spots are common to be found in the lawn. There’s a recommended process to fix these spots which is-
- Wipe out the dead grass- The dead spot must be cleared out first. Rake out the dead grass/ matted turf, moss, debris and any such wasted stuff from above the dead spot. This is important so that soil comes in direct contact with the sunlight.
- Weed out- Along with the dead grass, also look out for the weeds closer to the area. Pulling out the weeds is necessary to avoid any further damage to grass.
- Spread compost- Now, dress the top soil evenly with compost. This ensures thatthe soil gets rich nutrients, lack of which might be the reason of the dead grass earlier.
- Reseeding the spot- After all the steps, spread the seeds with consistency and press gently over the top with both the hands. This is to ensure that seeds contact with soil properly. Seeds are not going to germinate immediately, be patient to see the results.
- Sprinkler water- The most important task after fertilization and reseeding is watering. Sprinkle the water lightly to make the seedlings absorb it in adequate amounts.
Why is my lawn turning brown and how do I fix it?
Ans- There can be many reasons for grass turning brown. Major reasons are-
|1.||Improper watering||Push a 6 inches long screw driver into the turf. If you’re not able to push it easily that means soil is dried inside.||Watering must be done up to 1 inch on weekly basis preferably in the early mornings.|
|2.||Drought||The grass dries out due to consistent heat waves and high temperature.||Watch out for such temperature conditions and water the lawn lightly daily to keep the soil moist.|
|3.||Improper mowing||Poor or much lower mowing habits can slow down or stop the grass growth.||Mowing to keep the grass up to 2-3 inch in height should be considered.|
|4.||Dormancy||Grass turn brown in non-growing season for a few weeks.||This is natural. Just watch out that the lawn is getting watered deeply once a week.|
|5.||Animal waste||Waste includes dog urine which because of its acidic nature burns out the grass.||Water the place immediately to dilute the acidic effect. Consider reseeding if grass has been burnt completely.|
|6.||Fungal diseases||Circular, irregular brown patches and spots or dying and thinning grass blades can be the symptom of fungal diseases.||Sample should be sent to a local garden center for testing. Increased air and light circulation can prevent the diseases since much shade and moisture can be a cause to this. Watering the lawn during the night must also be avoided.|
|7.||Thick thatch||It is thick-accumulated dead grass blades on the ground to the extent it prevents the natural light from reaching the soil.||Thatch more than ½ inch thick must be removed to improve the grass growth and prevent development of pests.|
|8.||Grubs||It is common to find grubs under the grass between mid-late summers. Grass will be easy to pull out and there will be white round worms beneath.||Grub controller products shall be used to treat the turf.|
|9.||Fertilizer burn||Grass turns burn soon after the fertilization may be because of over-fertilization or spilling of fertilizer. The excess of nitrogen and soluble soil dries out the grass.||Wateringuntil the soil is unable to soak each time should be done for a week. This is to wash off the excess fertilizer from the roots. After the week get back to the normal deep watering once or twice a week. Grass will be revived in few weeks.|
Is a brown lawn dead? How can I bring my dead grass back to life?
Ans- A brown lawn does not always mean a dead lawn. There are various reasons a lawn can turn brown which you must look for before declaring it as dead.
- Drought- A drought stressed lawn due to lack of water may result in brown colour. The grass would be able to survive through the drought for a maximum of 4-6 weeks. It will need sufficient amount of water to revive before it actually dies. Try pushing a 6’ inch screwdriver into the turf. If you cannot do this easily, then lack of water may have made the soil compact.
- Dormancy- Other reason for brown colour of grass can be the dormancy. For example, the winter season grass will go dormant (brown) during summers for a few weeks and shall revive naturally and vice-versa in case of warm season grass. In such a condition, there might be chances of a few green shots in between the brown grass. This will mean the existence of life in the grass. In both the cases, green colour can be revived with essential and adequate deep watering of the lawn.
- Pests, Insects- Pull up a tiny area of turf and see what is beneath. If you are able to pull up the grass easily and roll the turf like a carpet then insects might be the reason. Pests like grubs etc. are most commonly found below the turf. They make the roots of grass weaker and are unhealthy for your lawn.
How can I fix my yellow grass?
Ans- Identifying the reason for the yellowish color of grass would help in the fixation of yellow color. Grass can appear yellow for these reasons-
- Shallow root system- If you’re watering the lawn in short-frequent cycles, this will make the roots shallow and the leaves will dry up faster in case of high temperature. Consequently, the grass will start turning pale yellow in color. Water your lawn deep enough once or twice a week to revive the greenery.
- Spilled oil/ petrol from the mower- Spilling of petrol may on the grass make the grass turn yellow. This shall be the possible case if you use a petrol-based mower. Clean up the area immediately and water much to dilute the petrol effect. You might need to reseed that area in case of severe damage.
- Lack of nutrients- If the lawn is lacking nitrogen or iron and such other essential nutrients for grass growth, it would become yellow. The garden center expert should be considered before using any fertilization technique yourself for a healthier growth of grass.
- Mowing properly- Improper mowing and mowing below than the ideal height can also make the grass turn yellow especially in hot weather. The shortcut grass leaves would dry fast at high temperatures. Mower blade should be set around 3 inches in summers.
How can I keep my grass green in hot weather?
Ans- Keeping the grass green in especially in summers requires additional efforts and precautions too. The consistently high temperatures may make to urge to over water your grass. However, over-watering must be restrained at this point in time. There are some easy ways to keep your lawn green during the hot weather too-
- Mowing techniques- Mowing is important to keep the grass appear presentable as well for maintaining the overall health of the lawn. Things to consider in this regard shall be-
- Keep the grass up to 3 inches at least in summers. The taller grass would provide the bit shade and cooler air to the soil.
- The ideal height of the grass is 2-3 inches. However, more than 1/3rd of the height is not recommended.
- Mowing should be frequent. This will help in mulching of the clippings without harming the grass each time you mow. Letting the clippings stay would result in a natural compost for the soil.
- Avoid mowing the grass if the grass is drought stressed. The grass is less likely to recover from mowing at this point in time.
- Using sharp blades for mowing is helpful in regrowth of the grass. Dull blades may damage the tip of grass and tear the plant tissues.
- Fertilization- Fertilization is suggested only a few times in the year. Over-fertilization is not going to help your lawn in any way. Grass-type plays an important to plan the fertilization for your lawn. Consulting local garden center may help you know the best fertilizer application period as per your region and grass type.
- Watering techniques- You must avoid over watering your lawn. Lawn only needs 1-1/2 inch weekly. Ensure watering this deep for a stronger, deeper root system and healthy green grass.
- Repair and maintenance- Seeding, watering, and mowing are not the only things to sustain a green lawn. Your lawn requires continuous intervention to stay lush green. It is important to repair any unhealthy signs on leaves, brown spots, weeds as and when you notice them. Prevention of animal, human waste, and damages because of pedestrians is also important.
- Resisting rigorous activities- This includes dethatching and aeration of the soil. Since both of these activities result in removal of turf or topsoil. Exposed soil may not recover soon in this weather. Hence, avoid any kind of cultivation activity during the peak summers.
Chapter at a glance
We have gone through the sprinklers, certain turf problems as well as fixes. We must not forget that growing the greens isn’t a one-time task. This is an ongoing duty. Just like that pot plant which requires regular watering, air, sunlight and weeding since flora is a being too. It takes days, weeks, months, years of consistent efforts for growing the lavish greenery you can ever dream of. Don’t be disappointed if that first attempt failed. You will only gain experience and be a pro for the second time you put an effort.
Do share your gardening experience with us!