A chainsaw can be described as a portable, mechanical saw that comes with a set of teeth fixed to a revolving chain that operates along a guide bar. Chainsaws have various uses, depending on the needs of every individual.
For instance, they are used for pruning, bucking, tree felling, harvesting of firewood, and cutting fire breaks. On the other hand, there are specialized chainsaws designated for cutting ice sculpture and concrete.
A chainsaw features four main parts including the following:
- The Engine: This is either a two-stroke gasoline or an electrical engine.
- The Drive Mechanism: This is normally a clutch and sprocket.
- The Guide Bar: This part comes with an edge slot used for guiding the cutting chain.
- The Cutting Chain: Comes with the teeth. These are the tiny sharp blades designed for doing the real cutting.
Best 50cc Chainsaw Comparison 2019
|Poulan Pro 20 in. PR5020||gas-powered||20"|
|Husqvarna 450 Rancher, 20 in||gas-powered||20 "|
|Husqvarna 450 Rancher, 18 in||gas-powered||18"|
|Tanaka TCS51EAP 50.1CC||gas-powered||20"|
|Husqvarna 450 18-Inch||gas-powered||18"|
|Husqvarna 450 18-Inch||gas-powered||20"|
5 Top 50cc Chainsaw Reviews 2019
- Easy to Use Collective Choke/Stop Control: This feature is designed to offer quicker starting and better dependability by decreasing the risk of engine flooding
- OxyPower Engine Technology: This is the feature that gives more power for almost any task. OxyPower engine technology provides an extremely powerful engine with 70% fewer emissions and 20% reduced fuel intake.
- Combi Tool: This is included in the back handle for maintenance purposes.
- Pull Starting System: Designed to reduce wear and tear on the starter mechanism, and lessens pull force by 30% for easier starting.
- The Purge Bulb: Supplies the carburetor with fuel. In addition, it makes the machine easier to start with less pulls, and it is protected, in order to reduce the risk of damage.
- Vibration-dampening System: This is the feature designed to lessen wear and tear on the joints of the chainsaw at the end of the day’s work.
On the other hand, you have a clear line of the fuel level as you are working with Husqvarna 450 Rancher 50.2cc 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw, meaning that you can simply say when to stop a refuel. This new lightweight and efficient machine are quite easy to use.
- The Snap-Lock Cylinder Cover: This is the feature designed for saving time when cleaning and changing the spark plugs.
- The Air Injection: Gets rid of larger debris and dust particles so that they will not get to the air filter. In addition, it enhances the life of the engine and lessens air filter cleaning.
- LowVib Anti-Vibration System: Designed to reduce the levels of vibration and minimize the effect on the hands and arms of the person operating it, thereby producing a more comfortable chainsaw experience.
- The Smart Start, Combined Start/Stop Switch, and Fuel Pump: All these features are designed for easy starting of the chainsaw
- The Combined Choke/Stop Control: Prevents your chainsaw flooding and makes it easier to start.
- The TrioBrake: This feature provides an exclusive way of stopping the chain quickly to improve your ergonomic, technique, and safety.
- A Powerful 36V Li-ion Battery Pack: Added to give about 10 hours of working time between charges.
- An Exceptional X-TORQ Engine: This particular feature is responsible for reducing exhaust emission levels according to the most stringent emissions regulations across the world, and making the chainsaw less fuel consuming.
- 3.2 HP 2-cycled Engine: Designed to make the fuel in the chainsaw work for its full values.
- The Visible Fuel Level, Tool-less Chain Tensioner, and Auto Return Stop Switch: Designed to make the chainsaw uncomplicated to handle.
- The Smart Start and Fuel Pump: Guarantees easy and quick start of the engine with least effort.
- X-TORQ: Ensures reduced fuel consumption and lower exhaust emission levels according to the most severe environmental regulations in the world.
- The Snap-Lock Cylinder Cover: This is designed to avoid waste of time during cleaning and changing of spark plugs.
- The Choke/Stop Control Button: Prevents your chainsaw from flooding and enables it to start easily.
- Air Injection Centrifugal Air Cleaning System: This expands your operating period between filter cleanings and decreases wear and tear.
- The TrioBrake: This safety feature that offers an exclusive way of stopping the chain fast. This improves your security, your ergonomics and performance.
Key Features :
- 50. 1cc Commercial Grade Purifier Engine: This is the feature designed to give clean, powerful performance with lower fuel use.
- The Decompression Valve: Guarantees easy starting of the chainsaw
- Bumper Spikes and Sprocket Nose Bar: Offers additional control that will make cuts easier.
- Side Access Chain Tensioning: To make sure the machine is quite easy to operate.
- Automatic and Adjustable Oiler: Enables to regulate oil flow to the chain and bar.
- Half Throttle Choke with Trigger Release: This is designed for trouble-free start and warm up.
- A Spring Type Anti-Vibration System: Guarantees the comfort of the user with less fatigue
- A Strong Double Pole Brake Handle: This is designed to guarantee your ease of mind and safety.
Key Features :
- Auto Return Stop Switch and Visible Fuel Level: Allows you to handle the chainsaw easily.
- Smart Start and Fuel Pump: Designed for easy starts at each time
- 3.2 HP X-Torq Engine: Increases fuel efficiency and lessens injurious exhaust emissions.
- LowVib anti-vibration dampeners: Absorbs vibration effectively, freeing your hands and arms from additional weakness and letting you work more and longer comfortably.
- It is CARB Compliant
Husqvarna is the brand manufacturing PP5020AV. So you can remain assured about the quality and durability.
Key Features :
- Effortless pull-start system- Soft Start: Poulan Pro PP5020AV guarantees easy and smooth start of the engine with least effort with its string assisted pull-start system.
- Air Cleaning System: The chainsaw comes with a reliable automatic air filter cleaning system.This expands your operating period between filter cleanings and decreases wear and tear.
- Efficient operation: This product offers an exclusive way means to handle cutting work with its efficient and powerful operation. It comes with a technology which matches the level of high priced models from Husqvarna.
- Affordable: This chainsaw is much affordable when compared with other high performing gas-powered machines.
Types of Chainsaws
There are many choices available when it comes to best chainsaw. They options available are the battery, electric and gas powered 50cc chainsaws.
- Battery Powered Chainsaw: This type of chainsaw works with rechargeable batteries. You need to charge these batteries for two to three hours before using them to power the machine.
- Electric Chainsaw: These are corded chainsaws that are powered by electricity. To use this type of chainsaw, you will need a functioning power socket very close to your workstation.
- Gas-powered Chainsaw: When it comes to performance, gas-powered chainsaw is second to none. It is very powerful, making it the best choice for the professionals.
How to Choose the Good 50cc Chainsaw
There are many things to consider when you are shopping for top 50cc chainsaw that will offer you value for your hard earned dollar. Here are a number of factors you must consider when looking for your next 50cc chainsaw, if you really want to enjoy each minute of cutting.
1. The Size :
If you are new to using chainsaw to work, opt for a smaller size chainsaw that is easier to manoeuvre. The bigger size chainsaw can be too heavy for you as a beginner and will make both your hands and arms get tired fast. The types of wood and trees you want to cut can also influence your size of chainsaw. If you want to fell hardwood or bigger trees, you will need a bigger and more powerful chainsaw. A smaller chainsaw will cause serious strain and unnecessary wear.
2. Guide Bar Size or Length :
The size of the guide bar is established by the size of the tree size and your level of expertise to some extent. If you are an experienced chainsaw user, you should have access to a minimum of two different guide bar sizes or lengths. However, the guide bar must fit the tree sizes you want to fell. Use the longer guide bars to fell bigger trees and use the shorter guide bars to remove tree limbs.
3. Safety :
Safety is quite imperative when it comes to choosing a 50cc chainsaw because it is one of the most dangerous home equipments. Failure to take adequate precautions and care can land you in the hospital. You must consider safety accessories – such as cut-resistant boots, gloves, ear, eye, and head protections.
4. Maintenance :
The chainsaw of your choice must be easy to maintain as it will require some work at certain time. How easy will it be to preserve and manage the air filters and other parts of your chainsaw? How easily accessible are they? Can these chains be tightened or adjusted easily? Will it be easy to get replacement parts? These are a number of essential factors to consider.
5. Warranty :
If you will be using your 50cc for a long period of time, then warranty is pretty essential. When there is warranty, you are covered if there is any problem in the course of using the machine.
6. The Weight :
The weight of the saw is worth considering if you want to prevent your hands and joints from pains associated with a few hours of cutting. Moreover, it is noteworthy that heavy saws are only appropriate for heavy cutting; in order to reduce the pressure you will apply and makes your cutting better and quicker. You must also consider your physical strength when it comes to picking a chainsaw. Consider the weight you can handle suitably and manoeuvre easily.
Some Important FAQs about Chainsaw
1. What does the cc stands for in 50cc chainsaw?
The cc simply means cubic centimeters and represents the size of the engine that powers the blade. The bigger the size of the engine, the more powerful will be the chainsaw.
2. Can Chainsaw cut bone?
Yes, but it must be a chainsaw with higher cc, particularly if you want to use it to cut a pig or other hard bones. They produce more power for the cutting process
3. Which Chainsaw Should I buy? Electric or gas powered?
Your choice between the two will depend on what you actually want to use the chainsaw to cut. However, the gas-powered chainsaws are appropriate for a bigger bar length, unlike their electric counterparts. In addition, the gas-powered chainsaws are more dependable than the electric ones, when it comes to heavy-duty applications.
4. How do I guide myself against kickback accidents when I am using a 50cc chainsaw?
One in each 12 timbering accidents is associated with chainsaw kickbacks. As a result, make sure you use the chainsaw that suits your strength and fitness to guard yourself. On the other hand, buy protection gear together with your equipment, and have a solid grasp and control of your chainsaw.
5. Can I Change the Blades of my Chainsaw?
The blades are the essential parts of a chainsaw. Hence, they can be changed. In addition, you can also replace the guide bar and the chain with other different sizes. Nevertheless, ensure that you are changing these parts with compatible ones. Any part not matching the design and model of your chainsaw won’t work with it.
6. Is it possible for a Chainsaw to Leak Oil?
The fact is that chainsaws are involved in a lot of friction in order to work, meaning that constant maintenance with oil is required to guarantee good functioning. Now there are a number of chainsaws that need you to oil the entire machine manually, while there are some of these chainsaws that come with auto-oiling feature.
Nonetheless, all available chainsaws can have leaks, making it extremely compulsory to maintain your chainsaw regularly, based on the manufacturer instructions. This will guarantee the long life of your machine.
7. What makes the Best Chainsaw for You?
The truth is that there are quite a lot of chainsaws on the market to choose from, meaning that there is no one that fits all. Chainsaws are required for different purposes. You will only buy the chainsaw based on your requirements and personal preferences. This implies that what makes the best chainsaw for me may be different from yours.
But when it comes to choosing the best chainsaw, look for an eco-friendly type with amazing features.
8. Is it possible for the Chain to Stretch?
Of course! A chain can stretch owing to continuous use. The chain of your saw will get stretched if you fail to maintain it regularly and allow it to get more than the required friction due to laziness. Without a doubt, friction is the greatest enemy of any metal including a chainsaw.
If a chainsaw heats up as a result of friction, it will expand and loosen up. To guarantee fluent motion therefore, there must be enough oil on the chain, particularly if you use the saw for cutting wood.
9. Do Chainsaws Have Overheating Problems?
The fact that the motors of all chainsaws need a lot of force to move the chain towards solid objects such as thick wood that is capable of overheating the saw makes them experience some frictions. You must give your saw some rest immediately after each use, particularly when working in summer because this chainsaw doesn’t come with a cooling mechanism.
Maintain your chainsaw regularly to prevent overheating and any other damage. Meticulous cleaning and constant oiling will ward away any debris that may have settled down in the chain or guide. Apply a non-inflammable cleaner on the guide, motor, and chain to keep them in pristine condition.
10. How do I Start and Use my Chainsaw?
The first thing you must remember here is that all chainsaws are not the same. Different models have varied design, setup, and features. As a result, this question cannot be answered directly. One best way you can learn how to start and use your new chainsaw is to read the instruction manual that accompanies your chainsaw.
However, starting a chainsaw is the same across all the models. But the most important thing is that you must consider your safety before you start a chainsaw, since safety is a priority in this case. Put on all the necessary safety precautions, such as a hard hat, denim jeans, rough boots, ear cups, hand gloves, and protective glasses.
11. Can I leave fuel stored in my chainsaw unit?
The answer is No! You must not leave fuel be stored in the chainsaw unit. It is quite imperative to avoid gum deposits from forming in the fuel system. Make sure you drain the fuel tank, re-tighten the gas cap, then start the unit and allow it to work until it stops, if you want to store the unit for more than 30 days.
12. Where is the fuel filter located on the chainsaw and how often do I change it?
It is positioned in the fuel tank of the chainsaw. With proper maintenance, it is suggested that you replace the fuel filter at least once in a year. All you need to if you want to remove the fuel filter is to drain fuel out of the unit and bring out the fuel cap or retainer assembly from the tank. Once you have done that, then draw the filter out of the tank and remove it from the end of the fuel line. Mount a new filter and assemble it back.
13. How often should I clean the air filter of my chainsaw and how do I do the Cleaning?
Make sure you check and clean the air filter of your chainsaw every 5 hours of usage. But ensure that you clean the top cover and its surrounding area before you eventually remove the air filter. This is to prevent debris from entering the carburetor compartment. Take out the top cover of the saw; bring out the air filter for cleaning in warm, soapy water.
Get it rinsed in clean water and let the filter dry very well before mounting it back. In case the filter is foam, lightly oil it with chain and bar oil and squeeze the excess oil out. You can now mount both the air filter and top cover.
The key to a smooth cutting operation is buying the 50cc chainsaw. Doing extensive research and homework will go a long way in making sure you choose the right saw that will meet your needs, whether you are buying your first 50cc chainsaw, or you just want to change the existing one. But with the top 5 50cc chainsaw reviews above, you should be able to choose the right saw or at least shortlist them!